Marrakech – Imlil – Tizi Mezik – Tamsoult refuge
After your transfer from Marrakech to Imlil (1,780m), you will set off an a 6 hour trek out of the Imlil Valley and into the Azzadene Valley. Along the way you will pass Tizi N’Mzik at 2,450m, the refuge at Azib n’Tansoult and the Ighouliden waterfalls. Overnight in the Lipeney mountain refuge at 3,000m
Tamsoult – Tizi N’Ougalzime – Toubkal refuge
Today involves a fairly stiff climb out of the Azzadene Valley to the Toubkal Refuge over the Aguelzim Mountain pass at 3,560m. Lunch will be taken with spectacular views over the Atlas Mountain Range. Overnight in the Toubkal Refuge (Niltner Hut) where you’ll likely be sharing a bunk room with other trekkers tackling Toubkal early the next morning.
Toubkal refuge – Toubkal Summit – Imlil Village
Early this morning we make our attempt on the summit of Jebel Toukbal, the highest peak in Northern Africa. Our route takes us up the south cirque, crossing the stream above the refuge and then heading across one of the mountains numerous scree fields, where we will have to negotiable a seemingly endless carpet of boulders and rocks. The walking is relatively straightforward, but the scree and the altitude will make the going quite difficult in parts, however, the views along the way make the journey more than worthwhile. walk down to imlil where you will start the desert tour.
Imlil -Telouat – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Dadés Gorges
Transfer to World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou backdrop for more than 20 films, crossing the spectacular Tizi n’Tichka Pass of the High Atlas mountains. You will pass through many Berber villages, and once in the desert, riverside oasis and barren hillsides are clustered with Kasbahs (fortified dwellings that house many families and their livestock). Transport to Valley of the Roses, Moroccan dinner and evening at a typical small hotel with beautiful views of the Dades valley, valley of a thousand kasbahs. Overnight in Dades Gorges (Hote).
Boumalne Dadès – Tinghir – Todra Gorge – Arfoud – Merzouga Dunes
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer from the Dades Valley to Todra Gorge: a massive fault dividing the High Atlas mountains, rising to 300 m in a narrow valley with palmeries and Berber villages. After lunch you will transport further into the desert to the tiny village of Mersouga, where you will overnight camel trek into the beautiful Erg Chebbi dunes – the highest in Morocco. One and a half hour camel ride at sunset to a Berber dinner and sleep under the stars or in tents at a desert camp.
Merzouga – Rissani – Nqob – Tamnougalte – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
The next day camels will take us for the return trip back to Merzouga. Then we enjoy our journey back through the Draa Valley to nkoub Agdez then Ouarzazete over the Atlas Mountains. We arrive back to Marrakech around 19:00hrs or 20:00hrs.
- All transport
- 1 Overnight in imlil (HB)
- 2 Overnight in the Refuges (MT)
- English speaking guide, and cook (MT)
- Muleteers and mules for assistance (MT)
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea (MT)
- 4×4 or Mini-bus during Desert tour
- 1 overnight in hôtels at Dades (HB)
- 1 overnight camping on Dunes at Erg Chebbi (HB)
- Camel Ride on Duns
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- Lunches during the desert part.
- Trekking or duffle bag to carry trekking gear. Imlil-Trekking can provide a duffle bag for you to borrow during your trek. This will be returned after your trek,
- Trekking daypack for personal items such as water, snacks, extra layers and camera,
- Water purification tablet and bottles,
- Sleeping bag,
- Travel Pillow,
- sun glasses,
- walking poles,
- Small torch light or head lamp with spare batteries,
- Sun block,
- Lip balm with sunblock in it,
- handkerchief or wiping papers,
- Money belt,
- first-aid kit,